Saturday, June 27, 2009

yellowstone

we just got back from spending a couple days in yellowstone.  we had a lot of fun and the kids are getting really good at trips.  yellowstone is one of the most amazing places in the world!  we really enjoyed seeing all the geysers and hotspots or, as we called them, stinky pots.  the kids loved visiting the stinky pots.  hudson understood very well that he should not touch the water because it was very hot.  it made me laugh because we were walking around the boardwalk looking at a bunch of bubbly sulphur cauldrons and i heard hudson mumbling, "stinky pots.  i burn myself." smart boy!  

we also enjoyed the wildlife.  we saw many buffalo, or buckalo to hudson, elk, deer, and ethan and i even saw a bear (the kids were asleep at the time).

here are some of my favorite pictures.

this is at the west thumb geyser basin overlooking the yellowstone lake.

maria in front of a thermal pool.

my cute boy on the boardwalk.

elk at mammoth.



at mammoth



hudson waiting oh-so-patiently for old faithful to go off.


a buckalo.

3 comments:

Nuttall said...

That's soooo cool!!!! I love that Hudson calls them buckalos!!!! And I love the quote- "Stinky pots- I burn myself." Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! You have no clue how hard I laughed at that!!!

Nuttall said...

After we read your posts we quote your amazingly cute children for days. Buckalos, is my favorite one. Is it a cousin to the jackalope? Mom

Nuttall said...

"My Dad's back is hairy like a buckalo's!" : )
*Weese*