hudson has a special family home evening chair that he makes for every family home evening and only for family home evening. and yes, this is a recent picture although from his outfit one would think it is summer. i just took this picture yesterday. as you can see, he makes his chair out of two pillows. no family home evening has occurred without this chair.

here's a funny buddy story but only read it if potty humor is not offensive to you - but it really is funny so maybe you should just try it.
boys really are different. a couple of weeks ago the kids and i were taking a half-hour drive. hudson is at the age where he talks nonstop and asks eleventy-billion questions (half of them are the exact same question, i.e. "mom, where's dad?" "he's at work, hudson." "but mom, where's dad?" "he's at work, hudson." "but mom, where's dad?" argh!). during this half-hour drive hudson discovered he could make himself burp. this was very funny to him and he did it over and over again. however, he didn't know the word for burp so he said:
hudson: (chuckle, chuckle) i toot in my mouth.
mom: hmmm. i don't really need to know about that.
hudson: (chuckle, chuckle) i toot in my mouth again.
mom: hudson, it's bad manners to tell people when you burp. you don't need to tell me.
hudson: (chuckle, chuckle) i just toot in my mouth.
i tried to explain to him that i didn't want to know about it (yes, i thought it was funny, but i didn't want HIM to know that), but he just kept talking and laughing, so i figured maybe he'd stop if i just ignored him.
hudson: (chuckle, chuckle) i toot in my mouth again.
mom: (nothing)
hudson: (chuckle, chuckle) i toot in my bum.
this was my whole half-hour drive - listening to hudson and his joy of bodily discoveries. maria would have been done with this in two seconds. boys really are different.
3 comments:
I can't stop laughing about Hudson. Oh the joys of motherhood. I don't want to encourage him, but I want to hear him say it. Libbey is too cute. It seems like she has grown up so quickly. Mom
Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! I love how he says over and over "Haha- I toot in my mouth" and then at the end he says "Haha- I toot in my bum." : ) I laughed forever at this!!!! : )
*Weese*
boys ARE so different, and when you are out numberd 3 to 1 your girl is destined to act like one somtimes. i try not to laugh at potty humor either, but it is hard when they are in hysterics about it!
Post a Comment