- Having our first week of school done with. Whew. That was rough.
- Thinking that, with practice, school and our new chore schedule will get better . . . and faster.
- When, during school, Hudson told Maria, "get your smiles up!"
- Knowing that Maria chose to read Calvin and Hobbes for her independent reading time.
- When I was reviewing what we'd learned about Joseph Smith Jr. in school I asked, "Where was Joseph born?" The answer is Vermont but it cracked me up to hear Hudson yell out with confidence, "Velterham!" That kid.
- Seeing the kids smile when they complete their daily duties. I'll blog more about their new chore schedule later. We are having much success!
And here's a quick story:
As part of their morning duties, each child is to read the scriptures by themselves. I was counting on helping the little ones read but they've all been wanting to do it by themselves. This morning Lincoln sat down to read and, taking a que from Libby, I guess, asked me, "What's the password?" I said, "And it came to pass." He repeated that, rambled on a bit and asked again, "What's the password?" "Yea, verily," I said. He repeated it then asked again, a bit later, "What's the password?" "And thus we see," I replied. That must of been it because he stopped asking and finished reading his scriptures.

1 comment:
I didn't realize how much Liberty and Lincoln look alike. Two different personalities, with two great smiles!
Post a Comment