Friday, January 3, 2014

It Makes Me Smile

I haven't done a "It Makes Me Smile" post for a while.  I was thinking about that the other day and decided I need to make more of an effort to write more of these posts.  They help me to be more mindful of the positive things that happen during the week.  I certainly could use more positive things in my life.  I tend to dwell on the negative.  So here's what made me smile the week of December 29.


  • The kids still thanking Heavenly Father in prayer for the new gifts they got for Christmas.
  • The little bit of sun that was showing this morning.
  • Hearing Hudson singing "This Cowboy's Hat" in the dark to Lincoln one night.
  • Hudson excitement whenever we get our botany lessons out.
  • The kids' complaint the we "go on too many adventures".  One cannot go to the beach too many times, can they?
  • Looking through the pictures of our beach adventures, this last Saturday being the most recent:

  •  Thinking of how I want to balance our adventures with more time in the mountains.  Yes, mountains definitely make me smile.

2 comments:

Maria said...

that beach picture is beautiful! i'm glad you had a good christmas. i keep reminding ben to enjoy all the screaming and laughing cause someday we'll be old just chillin in our rocking chairs, with no more wild little ones running around!!

Unknown said...

Chris LeDoux? Really? He is one of my all time favorites!