Sunday, November 22, 2015

Hug Point

There are so many different beaches to stop at along the Oregon coast.  You might think that most of them are the same, but so far, I've found that each beach is different, each has it's own unique characteristics.  Hug Point was a beach we often drove past, but hadn't ever stopped at.  This June, after visiting Niagara Falls, we decided to check it out.


There was plenty of space and sand to run around on, great for playing and wading.

 


And there is a small creek that spills over the rocks onto the sand.  We enjoyed climbing around that for a bit.




But my kids love to play in the sand, digging and building, so we found a spot to settle down and rest a while.  The kids played and Ethan and I laid on the beach, listening to the waves and staring into each other's eyes.  Haha, just kidding, our eyes were closed because sand tends to fly when the kids are digging and building. 




You know, I quite often miss having a baby.  The baby stage has definitely been the favorite for me, and well, my baby is 5!  Hardly a baby!  But as the kids played in the sand and Ethan and I just laid on the beach, I had to admit that while I miss having a little one, it certainly is easier doing all these things without one.  I don't have to worry about anyone eating sand, or wandering into the water, or getting too cold, or touching the dead seagull laying on the beach.  I remember being at the beach during that stage of life, with many little ones, constantly counting to be sure I had them all.  Now, we parents just lay on the beach while the kids play. If we fall asleep, it's not a big deal.  They all know to stay close.  And though I do still worry about the youngest a little, he talks so unceasingly that I know where he is at all times, even with my eyes closed.  Yes, I miss it, but I know that part of life is adapting to change.  "To every thing there is a season".  This season is different, but it's good.

No comments: