Monday, March 26, 2012

Libby's Prayer


I try very hard not to laugh when a child is praying. First of all, I don't want them to think they are making a mistake - I want them to feel free to pray as they feel. Second, I don't want them to think prayer time is a time for entertainment.

But sometimes it simply cannot be helped and a laugh sneaks out.

Two weeks ago, Libby said the family prayer before bed. It went something like this:

"Heavenly Father (she often forgets this part),

Thank us for the day.
Thank us to sleep good.
Help us to be bed and snuggli.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to be good.
Thank us to do school.
Thank us to draw things.
Thank us to draw mad face, smoochi face, mad face, smoochi face, mad face, smoochi face, mad face, smoochi face.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

We all lost it in the end.

2 comments:

Linda Stahr said...

LeGrand asked Heavenly Father in his prayer the other day to help him teach Andrew to be good. I snickered. Couldn't help it.

Maria said...

they do say the craziest stuff and it is SO hard to be reverent. i just can't do it most of the time!