In June we were able to go visit the Portland Rose Garden. It's official name is the International Rose Test Garden and, according to online resources, is the "oldest official, continuously operated public rose test garden in the United States. Currently, the garden features over 10,000 rose bushes representing over 650 rose varieties". We were definitely not disappointed. I was worried the kids, especially the boys, would get bored, but they all loved it and had a great time.
There were so many beautiful roses that I couldn't decided which ones to include in a post so I made three posts. I hope you like roses!
If I know the name of a particular rose I will post it below the picture. Some of the pictures have been adjusted for brightness or contrast because it was a pretty overcast day when I took the pictures, but the colors are true. They really were breathtaking!
I love this climbing rose. It really was one of my favorites. It's called "Super Dorothy Perkins Climber".
Maria really loved the deep red colors. Even before we went, she already talked of having her own rose garden someday. This visit to the Rose Garden really solidified that desire.
Fame! Grandiflora
Twilight Zone Grandiflora
Huge, beautiful hosts with my cute girl who goes crazy over all things flower. She was in heaven. Her skirt was full of fallen petals that she'd picked up.
Not sure about the variety. I remember something about "Shakespeare rose" but I'm not certain.
Didn't get the name of this one but I loved all the peachy-orangey colored roses.







No comments:
Post a Comment